Sticky Toffee Pudding

My family and I have been a bit addicted to having puddings lately. In fact we have a pudding almost every night after our tea. We usually have anything from rainbow jellies to syrup sponge and custard. Almost everything I make is made using a cook book or celebrity recipe, except from a chocolate sponge and white chocolate fudge sauce I made myself which I will share in the future. 


Today I made sticky toffee pudding using a very simple recipe by James Martin for the BBC Food. I had also looked at recipes in a cook book and also from Nigella Lawson but James Martins recipe won, mainly due to simple to hand ingredients, quickness and only 7 steps. 

The recipes claims to make 1 loaf pan and 8 pudding molds which will do the 4 of us for 2 nights. I was especially surprised as it didn't really call for a large amount of each ingredients as opposed to other recipes which would seem like it was made to feed an army. 

What will you need that is not in everyday cupboards?

  • Demerara sugar 
  • Black treacle 
  • Dates 
  • Dark Muskovado Sugar and 
  • Double Cream 
Everything else is staple ingredients like flour and butter.


Heres how mine turned out...





To have a go for yourself Click Here definitely worth making, great tasting recipes...x



Comments

Popular Posts