Real Techniques Starter Set

Have you ever watched any of the Real Techniques tutorials or Pixiwoo videos? If you haven't I seriously suggest you hop to it and check them out. Beware though you will be addicted but inspired to dig out some unused makeup items and start a mission to buy every Real Techniques brush released.

After watching a few tutorials I really appreciate my starter set of brushes now that I know how to get the most out of them and see what great results they help to achieve. I was actually inspired to dig out an unused palette from MUA to play with.


The starter set comes with 5 brushes held in a panoramic case to fold over and display your brushes ready for you to use or to dry them upside down. Each brush is named so you know whats what and there is a couple spare slots for you to add additional brushes. Hello shading brush and eye lash-brow groomer. As always the brushes are colour coded, purple ones are for enhancing the eyes although can be used for various other applications. 


My run through of the brushes left to right.

Brow brush - I used this to apply - for the first time ever - to apply some powder to my brows. For someone who's never tinkered much with my brows and there mostly natural this brush had them looking flawless. There really was no effort required, the brush just done it all.

Pixel Point Eyeliner brush - Okay so I don't use liquid liner but I did use this brush in some eyeshadow powder to create a little line of colour and it worked. 

Accent brush - This brush was a beauty at adding a highlight of colour to a specific area, it blended it perfectly for a neat finish. This is the brush I use if I want a dense colour or a nice strip along the lash line.

Base shadow brush - Used to apply either my base colour or used for a darker shade when I want it applied lightly.

Deluxe crease brush - The brush seems a little on the large side but it does a great job of blending through the crease. 

All brushes are still like new, now shedding at all. The synthetic hair washes perfectly every time and drys quickly feeling soft with no sticky feeling (which I found one of my goat hair brushes does).

I've found amazon to be cheapest for buying Real Techniques, just make sure to check they are dispatched and sold by amazon so you're getting the deal. I snapped up a fake recently to compare and it was pretty damn good but with a few tell tail signs. 

To buy yourself the starter set from Amazon directly click here, they are currently only £13.72 compared to a few online retailers selling at £20.99...x

Comments

Popular Posts