Whats Been In The Empties Bin - January 2018

I started this year with a plan to use up all the products I already had at home instead of purchasing something new.  So far it seems to have gone down so well, especially where hair care is concerned.


L'oreal Pure Strength Shampoo - I went through a faze of always purchasing the SLS free shampoos by L'oreal.  They lathered beautifully and were very nourishing.  They were also a great budget buy at £2.99 from Savers.  I will repurchase sometime in the future.

KMS Moisture Repair Conditioner - This was a perfect sized travel sample I got in a beauty box.  The formula was lovely and I really enjoyed the scent. I will be looking this up to purchase full size.

Ultimate Blends Maple Shampoo - Sadly not SLS free, but a super budget shampoo.  My hair's damaged and seeing as this is for damaged shampoo it was a match in heaven.  Well worth repurchasing for days I need to shampoo quick and skip the conditioner.

KMS Moisture Repair Shampoo - I did in fact use this teamed with the KMS conditioner above.  It lathered well, smelled delightful and worked for my hair.  Repurchase.

John Freida Beach Blonde Conditioner - I loved this minty/mojito inspired conditioner.  The smell is what's guaranteed a repurchase.


Ultimate Blends Coconut Water Shampoo - I picked this one up from Ultimate Blends because it was free from silicone's.  A lovely shampoo that I would repurchase on a budget.

Kebelo Clarifying Shampoo - When hair needs a good deep clean, this shampoo done the job.  It left hair squeaky clean and light.  I wouldn't rule out a repurchase, but I do have an alternative clarifying shampoo fave.

Amika The Shield Spray - Another beauty box sample that was a great discovery.  I used this on dry hair before straightening to protect from heat.  The results was a beautifully sleek hair.  I would repurchase if it was else where other than Birchbox Shop.

Aveda Invati Conditioner - I used this teamed with the Invati shampoo.  The conditioner is a gorgeous herbal scent which is designed for thinning hair.  It conditioned without weighing my hair down.  Repurchase.


Nivea Body Lotion - I loved this milky lightweight body lotion.  Sadly I opened it years ago and only used about half as I'm a wimp when it comes to applying cold body lotion.  I'm sad to be throwing it away and wasting it but I think it's off because it's very runny.  Maybe one day I'll repurchase.

Soap and Glory Body Milk - The same story applies here as above.  I would repurchase someday but I have a lot of others by Soap and Glory to use first.

First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads - Bought in the days I loved my alpha hydroxy acids.  These were a great low percentage acid.  They were fragrance free but as a result not pleasant smelling.  If I still used acids I would probably repurchase.

Kylie Minogue Darling Body Wash - A sneaky little sample from a perfume set.  I loved the fragrance and it did it's job.  It's unlikely I would repurchase, I'll stick to the fragrance.

Cutex Nail Polish Remover - I have no idea how many bottles of these I had but I know I've had a lot in empty bins.  It removed polish superbly but was a bit harsh on skin.  It has probably changed formula over the years.  Actually I wonder if you still get these..?


Merci Handy Cleansing Gel - These are an essential for being out in public and giving hands a quick wash.  They also smell amazing.  I will repurchase again. 

Revlon Insta-fix Foundation - Look who finished their first ever foundation  they purchased.  Me.  I loved this, the shade matched and it was quick to blend in with a sponge.  I've already repurchased. 

Beauty Works Wonder Balm - This was a multipurpose balm but I only used it as a lip balm.  I must admit as an all things cinnamon lover I did not like the scent/flavour at all.  I also found it got grubby pretty quickly which is why it's going before it's even been finished. This won't be a repurchase. 

Vaseline Sugar Coated - Sugar and Wine was the scent of this limited edition Vaseline.  It was a delightful purchase but not something I would buy again.  I just don't think lip salves in a tin is for me,  I worry about all the bacteria so this is also unfinished but going. 

Malin and Goetz Vitamin E Lip Balm - A very sticky lip balm that kept lips soft.  I only used this a hand full of times before just carrying it for an emergency in my handbag for about 2 years.  I just couldn't get past the stickiness.  This won't be a repurchase from the brand. 


Wow that was a lot for one post.  It's been good to see how much I've used instead of purchasing more.  The space it's created has also been well welcomed. 

C...x



Comments

Popular Posts