Whats Been In The Empties Bin 2019 Part 1

I cannot believe it has been over a year since I lasted blogged on here.  I feel I have outgrown CWL and perhaps it's time for a change.  Today however I have a collection of empties I gathered since the last time I posted.  First up is hair care.


Charles Worthington Strength and Repair conditioner - I picked this up from a boots clearence and it done just what I wanted, a conditioner to soften my hair and make it a bit more manageable.

Vichy Dercos Oil Control Shampoo - I've always loved the Vichy brand and when I spotted their shampoo range I just had to give it a try.  I'm pretty sure this was SLS free and designed for oil control.  As a girl who has to wash my hair every single day I hoped this would make miracles.  I still had to wash my hair everyday but it was a little less greasy.

Maria Nila Conditioner Sample - I loved this conditioner, it made my hair extra soft and was Vegan Friendly.

Colab Dry Shampoo - Like all Colab dry shampoos, this was great for putting a little volume in my hair.

Beaver Proffesional Conditioning Spray - This had a masculine smell which reminded me of either a mens deoderant or fragrance, it smelled great to use.

Pureology Shampoo - I heard many good things about this shampoo for removing build-up from products and I have to say I agree, it really is good if a little drying.  This would be a repurchase.

Moving on to skincare...

Freedom Moisture Cream - I got this as a set when it was first released.  Although the brand has now been renamed, I'm unsure if they still make it. I began using it as a skincare but ended up using it to moisturise my legs.

B. Micellar Water - This worked just as any other micellar water does, it removes make-up, mostly my eye make-up.

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum - This smelled divine, a little like marmalade.  It really nourished my skin.

Boots Botanics Moisturiser - This was from the days when the range cost about £2.50.  All natural ingerdients which is great but I found it went off quickly.

Caudalie Polyphenol Moisuriser - I enjoyed the scent of this and it the matte skin left. It also contained SPF30 so was great in the summer. 

First Aid Beauty Serum - A simple product to aid skin hydration. 

Bio Essence Sleeping Beauty Mask - I loved this and would repurchase right now if it was still available.  It was fun to use and smelled great.  A little was all I needed to have super soft skin.

The Body Shop Drops of Youth Mask - This was my closest replacement to the Bio Essence mask.  The results were similar but the consistency was a little tricky to use.


Body and Beauty...


Merci Handy Gel - These hand gels smell amazing and are a great size for carrying in my handbag every day.  A bargain at less than £3, I've already replaced. 

Dove Fresh Deoderant - While this deoderant smelled nice, it didn't give me dry feeling I wanted. I found it was more like a body spray.

Soft and Gentle Hair Minimiser - This was a very powdery deodeant which gave good results.  It kept me dry all day long and I do think it reduced hair regrowth.

Soft and Gentle Lotus Deoderant - A lovely fragrance and created for sensitive skin. 

Revlon Insta-Fix - This is the only stick foundation I use and has a shade that is a great match.  This  I think was my 4th purchase. 

Moisture Plus Lip Balm - What a lovely cooling lip balm this was, and with red pigmentation it brightened lips in the summer months.

Olay eye roller - I got this free many years ago from a club.  I used it when I had irritated as it was soothing to use the roller ball. 


So here it is, my latest round up of empties.  I find these useful to look back on and see what products I loved and owned for inspiration.  Instead of monthly, I hope to scale them back to just twice a year. 



See you next time. 

Comments

Popular Posts