What's In The Empties Bin - June 2015


I have finished or have at least in my mind finished some amount of products lately. I also replaced a few items in my make-up bag and even finished a whole lip product. Here's a breakdown of whats been hoarded in the beauty bin since I last posted about empties.


Rodial Bee Venom sample - This little sample actually costs £150 full size as I'd previously looked at it at Debenhams and debated on buying it. Then along came the Harvey Nichols Beauty Box and I finally got to sample it. It smells lovely and is a nice thick cream that soaks in quickly and wasn't heavy or greasy on my skin. Consider a full size jar sold.  
Elemis Fresh Skin Sample - Remember this a couple years ago as a sample in a magazine? Well this is where I got it from. I used about half of it before trying out something new and from then on it's sat past it's advised use within opening date so I'm sticking with the rule and now it's gotta go unfinished. It was however a lovely light fresh scented moisturiser, would have been just right for my skin in the summer months. 
Bee Good Cleansing Water - A 3 in 1 Cleansing water made by British bee's and a profit goes to support the bees. It's very lightly fragranced  (honey and water mint) and was a treat to use on a late night or after a night shift. Just soak a cotton pad and you were done. Gentle enough for the eyes too so it really was the only cleansing product needed.  
Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean - Smelled like a peach. This was a nice creamy lotion to use and lasted a long time, a little went a long way. This cleared my little sisters skin up after a couple of uses and I must admit I don't remember suffering anything terrible when using it either.
Along Came Betty Pure Pores Mask - Ah one of my first few beauty posts I remember writing. I'd picked this up in Tescos not long after they started there Along Came Betty range as I got in on the promotion. It had a lovey smell and little pink bursting beads. I only managed to use this about 2 or 3 times until I had a bit of a reaction and had to discontinue use, having that not happened I think it would have became a regular in the routine. 
Vichy Aqualia Thermal Moisturiser - This moisturiser was a saviour at the start of the year when my skin got a little over dry and irritated. It was light and soaked in quickly leaving  my skin looking dewy and not looking like it had suffered from the late nights and winter wind at all. 
Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream - I have never found an eye cream so damn good in all my days. I had a host of eye area concerns and well this one pot cleared them up. If I didn't have other eye area products to use up I would be on my next jar of this by now.



Soap and Glory Endless Glove - This is a repurchase so I believe it will have featured in an empties post before. Care assistants and nurses take note, see all day in those god awful cheap latex gloves with the dry feeling hands, cuticles and nails. This is what you need, use it as an overnight mask with a pair of moisturising gloves and just as a quick moisturiser on your break time and those hard working hands won't be giving your age or job title away anytime soon. 
Girlz Only Dry Shampoo - The only dry shampoo I have been re-buying for months. You won't believe how many times I've used this and someones said "You smell good" or "What perfume are you wearing?" Um none I was just too lazy to wash my hair before work so it looks good and smells lush all from a little dry shampoo. I think it costs me under £2 as well, it's just I like it that much I buy it regardless of the price. Head to Tesco's to have a look at the different varieties of Girlz Only.
Soap and Glory Clean on Me - I actually never thought this product would ever finish, it cost me just over a fiver and lasted a really long time. It's perfect for the lazy girls as it's got body lotion built in too so that's a bonus.  
Andrew Collinge Styling Spray - Where do I start with this product. I bought it years and years ago while I was still in school as a heat protectant when I was having to straighten my hair every single day til it was poker straight just because of some annoying bitches who sat behind me in history. If only I was the person I am now back then, I wouldn't be frying my already naturally straight hair just to sort out the occasional wave you get. I left school 7 years ago now so this product could be knocking into it's 10th birthday by now and I doubt you will be finding it in boots anytime soon so talking about it more is not going to do anyone any favours. 
Soap and Glory Scrub of Your Life - Tough to get out of the bottle at the end but It was certainly tough on the dry rough patches of skin, one scrub and my skin was all smooth like new. You really can't go wrong with any soap and glory scrub, they all smell delicious and come in various graininess for all skin requirements. 



MUA Hide and Conceal - A concealer for under £2, you can do no wrong. It reminded me of those concealers I used to buy from Rimmel back in my school days too. Now I'm a lot older and don't wear foundation ever, it's a cheap and handy little product to cover up those occasional blemishes. I bought natural and it blended in just right and was a perfect match. 
Soap and Glory Motherpucker Lipgloss - This was a favourite last spring, I was hooked from the moment my lips went a glossy smooth pink colour and started to tingle as it plumped. It's also got a life span of 2 years from opening so that is a real seller for me when it comes to buying make-up I like to know I don't have to chuck it away after a couple months of hardly any uses.
Blistex Lip Balm - Until I bought this raspberry lemonade lip balm I had never finished a lip product of any kid completely. This was the cure for the chapped, bitten completely unattractive lips I had over winter there. It really was like a raspberry lemonade and was used that often that I had used it all within 6 weeks, right down to the bottom. They say prevention is better than cure well this product was the cure and have since been able to prevent from going back that poor state they were in. Once I've finished the couple I've still to try, this will be bought again and other flavours will be given a try.
Soap and Glory Mascara - Had way to many of these mascaras now, it started as a freebie in a magazine and now I think that's the 3rd tube. Yes it's a good mascara but it's not been one to really wow me. It's just been my daily use mascara and well new mascaras and brushes at varying prices have hit the market that I would have to check out.  
Soap and Glory One Heck Of A Blot - The translucent of all powders. My packaging never broke and neither did the product in the inside right until the very end when the last little ring of powder just broke and crumbled. Another brilliant product with a 3 year use by date. Using it daily I would say it lasted me a year. I began using the little pad it came with but then changed over to a Kabuki brush to matte any shiny areas and set any areas of concealer.   
Soap and Glory Eyeliner - I have been a black eyeliner fan since I was 13, only just in the last year or so I've given the eyeliner the boot and went to the side of natural eyes. I've now been pondering the idea of going back to the daily black eyeliner because it really does make a difference and well I think I miss it and I'm not just me without it. This was the last black liner I used, it was dream as it didn't mysteriously disappear. There was also no need for carrying a sharpener as it came with one smartly tucked away inside the lid.  There are eyeliners out there cheaper and pricier than this one but in all honesty this ones got it right and would be my go to eyeliner if I do go back to my days of liner. 

It's been a pretty good couple of months of finishing new products and having a little clear out of the stash. It's going to get a little bit better in a few weeks too but that will be in a next life update post...x

Comments

Popular Posts