What's Been In The Empties Bin - November 2017

The empties bin over flowed and so it's time to see what has been used up or just didn't make it that far. 

Starting with haircare..


L'oreal Elvive Phytoclear Shampoo - I found this in Tesco's for £1.55.  I wish I bought more bottles as it was a great shampoo for giving hair and scalp a deep clean.  It's also a huge bottle and lasted a good long time.  This will no doubt be a repurchase at some point.

Boots Fresh and Nutty Coconut Conditioner - My original post on this ultimate budget conditioner is here.  Since my spell of saving money and using ultimate budget products, this sadly was just not as wonderful as first thought.  I no longer liked the coconut smell, it was more a soapy smell.  Instead it got a second use, and that was as a shaving cream to help the razor glide along.  Re-purchase? Not at this current time.

Mark Hill XL Volume Shampoo  - If I remember right, this shampoo was £6.99.  It was bought at a time when I had only recently gone sls free, and options were slim.  It was a fantastic choice though.  As it contained Marine Collagen, it did have that marine life smell but was also pleasant.  It lathered like a dream and I'm sure it did make my hair a little thicker.  The bottle was pretty on display, the only downside was that the paint flaked off the bottle where it was given a squeeze.

Pro:voke Touch of Silver Shampoo - I might be on to repurchase #3 already.  I'm a natural blonde, so I don't believe this shampoo has any effect whatsoever.  What is does though, is provide a fun purple shampoo that smells good and is a joy to use for only £1.99.

Skincare...


Boots Botanics Brightening Serum - This serum was that good that I bought 2 more bottles of it before the first one ran out.  Prior to the packaging change, this exact serum was only £2.99 a bottle.  Made from flowers from Kew Gardens, it was fantastic natural product.  This serum was an alpha hydroxy acid so it buffed away dead skill cells daily, at a bargain of a price.

Clinique Take The Day Off Eye-makeup remover - This was my second sample of this eye makeup remover.  Both bottles were in the Clinique beauty boxes by the lovely BritishBeautyBlogger.  I've kept the empty bottle to fill for travelling.  As for the solution itself? I was very pleased that it didn't irritate my eyes like crazy like more other eye makeup removers do.  I currently have a few more eye make-up removers to try out before I decide if this will be purchased full size.

Freedom ProStudio Glow Tonic - I picked this up as a dupe to the original Pixi Glow Tonic, which at a fraction of the cost was well worth a try.  Sadly I didn't like it, probably because my mind was made up by a wonderful skincare guru who noted that it was full of rubbish.  The smell however was pleasant. different from it's superior.  Sadly the solution didn't quite live up to expectations.

Boots Botanics Hydration Burst Cleanser - Another Boots Botanics product, and this one was also bought another 2 times.  It's a beautifully scented natural cleanser which, although comes out as a heavy cream, melts into a beautiful oil cleanser.  Boots Botanics really deserves a post on there own.

RMS Beauty Coconut Cleanser - This is a staple cleanser for me.  It's anti-fungal and is about all my skin can tolerate on days when it's freaking out.  It's 100% natural coconut and is around £12 a jar.  On application to skin it just melts into a luscious oil, well worth considering if you have peri-oral dermatitis.



Ren Vita Mineral Moisturiser - After sampling Ren's Vita Mineral face oil, I opted to give the moisturiser a try.  Sadly I found it a little to heavy for my skin but my sister got a great use out of it, with me only using it occasionally.  I wouldn't be repurchasing this, but the oil is fantastic.

Lush's The Comforter Shower Cream x2 - To begin with, I didn't think I was going to like it.  It was very sickly smelling and I didn't even know the scent was blackberry.  I gave the pink sparkly shower cream a try and enjoyed it.  The scent was far more pleasant to use when it was all lathered up.  I can't say I would repurchase as I believe it has been discounted.

Soft and Gentle Deodorant - Beautiful scent with ant-white marks.  I would repurchase.

Dove Cucumber Deodorant - This didn't smell as I was expecting, don't get me wrong it was lovely but not cucumber as I expected.  I bought it mainly for the moisturising effect, which I can't say I noticed.  The fragrance also didn't last very long.  Dove has much better ones in the range, I wouldn't buy this particular one anytime soon.

Vaseline Derma Beauty Deodorant - The fragrance wasn't for me but I used it up as it cares for the underarms more than most do.  I would repurchase if I needed to.

Soap and Glory Hand Maid - Anti bacterial hand gels are an essential, this one in the original pink scent smells incredible.  I love it that much that I'm needing to repurchase the new citrus version for cleaning my hands on the go.  It's great value at £2.50 a bottle.


Phew that was a long post on empty products.  It's certainly been a mix of repurchases and non-repurchases...x

Comments

Popular Posts