Lockdown Empties Part 1 - The Haircare

Since I began staying at home in March, I have managed to use up so many more products than I normally would have had time for.  My empties bin was overflowing that much that I have had to split my empties post into two.
The first post is dedicated to haircare that I have used up. 


Colab Dry Shampoo x2 - I had the scent Paris and I found it to be a very clean smell.  The dry shampoo itself worked as good as always, absorbing greasy hair and making my hair looking clean and fresh.  I used a lot of dry shampoo during lockdown as I wanted to encourage my hair into a routine of less daily washing.  I will be repurchase Colab again and again. 

Superdrug Dry Shampoo - I got this from my sister as she said she didn't like it. I found it worked well with my hair and was particularly good at absorbing up over greasy hair. I wouldn't say no to buying some more. 

Naughty Detox Shampoo 2in1 - I found this in Tkmaxx and it was a bargain.  I use detox shampoo at least once a week to remove build up.  This was hard working, I found my hair and scalp was squeaky clean after use. It was great to use in a hurry as I could get away without conditioning as it contained a bit of conditioner in it too.  I would certainly repurchase, I actually preferred it over bumble and bumble Sunday shampoo. 

OGX Orchid Shampoo - SLS free and budget friendly, OGX is always my go to supermarket shampoo if I have run out.  It cleaned my hair well, smelled good, and lathered up very well.  The bottle is annoying to get product out of at the end so I have started only buying it if I'm desperate as I don't have a lot of time to be thumping the bottle against a wall in order to shampoo.



Naughty Blonde Locks Conditioner - I enjoyed this conditioner, it was very creamy and helped my hair to stay nourished and tangle less. I couldn't smell the lemon but I could smell the camomile. I would buy it again. 

Herbal Essences Argan Oil Conditioner - I found this when I was buying shampoo and conditioner for my grans sister. It claims to be 90% natural and paraben free.  I was seriously disappointed to find it contained SLS. I won't be repurchasing purely for that reason. 

OGX Champagne Fizz Conditioner - I wish this wasn't a limited edition as it smelled so good and just had that all round luxuriousness to it.  My hair was silky smooth.  I would buy this again if I ever found it. 

Philip Kingsley Body Building Conditioner - I had high hopes for Philip Kingsley conditioner.  The conditioner itself turned out to be very bland in scent and was very runny, I suspected watery.  It didn't leave my hair feeling or looking anything special.  I would not buy this again but would try others.



Aveda Thickening Tonic - I loved this.  It had a nice herbal scent and was very cooling to spray on my scalp.  It was also one of few products I could use on my scalp that didn't have me feeling the need to wash my hair again.  My hair was also super thick and soft after each use.  If I didn't have so much haircare I would buy this again and again. 

Valour Ice Hair Mask - This was a cooling hair mask so was nice and refreshing at the end of a hot day.  The mask also smelled amazing and I could smell it on my hair all throughout the next day.  It was also really nourishing so it was a good hydrating mask.  I haven't came across Valour so I'm not sure how easy this will be for my to repurchase. 

Kueshi Hair Mask - This was also a really delicious smelling hair mask, it was sweet so perhaps like vanilla.  My hair was super soft after use, it really helped my dry ends look a little less over-processed. I would buy this if I knew where. 

Grow Gorgeous Hair Detox - My first ever hair scrub.  This had a very perfume synthetic scent which also lasted on the hair long after it had been used.  I have really long hair so I found it difficult to get only onto my scalp but once I did the granules made for a nice head massage. It does however require a lot of rinsing to get it all out so I shampooed twice after use.  I've already got another tube of this to use so I'm happy about that. 

So there we have it, all of the haircare used up.  My next empties post from the lockdown empties will be skincare and body care products. 


Claire..x

Comments

Popular Posts