Empty Bin - May 2017 Edit

It has been far to long since I last wrote a post on what's in the empties bin. It's been that long that the bin actually started to over flow and so the empties just started to pile up at the side of it. I'm sure it would have been a lot worse had I not decided to throw out any empties of products I just didn't feel were relevant.  

So here we are, an update on what I've been finishing...


Skincare Empties

Nuxe Masque Creme Fraiche -  This was the first tube and first product I had ever tried by Nuxe.  It was that good, I have repurchased it already.  A natural overnight moisture mask that can even be used on the eye area.  I used this now and again when my skin was dull and I could always guarantee I would wake in the morning with a nice plump face. 

Skyn Iceland Cream Cleanser - A gentle cleanser made from arctic berries and pure Icelandic glacial water.  It sounds like a very special cleanser indeed and it certainly was.  I would certainly consider repurchasing this again in the future.

L'oreal Skin Perfecting Serum - It is a shame they discontinued this serum.  I picked it up for £4 from Tesco's when I had the chance, and I'm so glad I did.  It had a very subtle fragrance and was a light creamy gel.  It did contain silicone, but skin was left look smooth, pores reduced and it felt lovely to apply.  

Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil - At £57 a bottle, I would have expected a far better bottle.  The black dropper top burst out of the bottle and refused to stay in, exposing the oil to air, and the glass pipette fell apart to.  In the end majority of the oil was wasted.  The oil itself though was lovely smelling but very thick, it proved a little heavy for my skin.  With the right skin type though, I feel the oil would do wonders for those who need it. 

Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser - I have reviewed this cleanser already here,  I would certainly buy it again as it's great value for £18.  It's a gel/mud combo that contains 5% AHA to brighten skin. It's not a cleanser that will allow you to have a face massage at the same time though, as it does dry a little due to the fact it contains mud.

Vichy Aquilia Serum -  I've already tried to repurchase this but I couldn't get my hands on it.  If you can pick it up on offer for a 3rd off, it's an absolute bargain.  Light weight and seriously hydrating.  It's very fragranced which I know is not for some, but I absolutely loved it.

Macadamia Oil -  This was supposed to have been included with the hair care empties but ended up here instead.  The oil smelled lovely and provided some nourishment to my hair, very light.  It would be perfect for those who love their multipurpose oils.  

Hair Care Empties



 Ultimate Blends Honey Treasure Shampoo - I can not recommend the Garnier Ultimate Blends shampoos enough.  Budget friendly, long lasting, fantastic scents, just the best shampoos ever!  Even if they do contain SLS.

Colab Dry Shampoo - The only dry shampoo I use is by Colab.  Often on offer and smells wonderful.  The packaging has had a revamp and I will miss this hounds tooth print can but the new cans are totally cute. I've repurchased this particular scent London several times as I love the fact it lingers all day long.

Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo - Amazing as always. See here

Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo - A once a week shampoo I picked up for £22 a bottle.  In a week I must use about 20 different products in my hair, this shampoo is designed to clean up product build up.  It's like a deep clean for your hair once a week, just like your makeup brushes. There isn't many shampoos like this that does the job, so it's worth purchasing over and over.

Boots Fresh and Nutty Coconut Shampoo - I featured this shampoo in my ultimate budget buy shampoo post here. I've moved on a lot in terms of what I purchase in the last year, and sadly this shampoo is no longer on my list.  Coconut lovers and super scrimpers enjoy,


Everything Else

Seventeen Phwoarr Paint Concealer - 3rd time repurchased and finished.  I used this all the time instead of foundation just to cover blemishes and leave a natural base.  It;s heavy duty so works brilliantly, especially in times of perioral dermatitis outbreaks, it is a savior.  Although it's designed for under eyes, I find it's better used elsewhere.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Silicone free and left a lovely soft smooth base.  The only thing I didn't like about this was the scent, still I have another tube of it opened and in use.

L'Occitane Hand Cream - Limited edition design.  I carried this in my handbag for a very long time only using it occasionally.  It seemed so lonely so I whipped it out and used it every night before bed.  It smelled delightful and nourished my very dry hands over the Easter. I'm glad I have a few other hand creams by L'Occitane.

Dove Deodorant - Invisible dry, an absolute essential when wearing coloured clothes.

Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash - Budget body wash in a whopping 500ml bottle that has lasted me a long, long time.  It's a very refreshing zesty lime scent that I know I'll have to buy again, but perhaps the scrub next time.

Nivea Deodorant - A deodorant to protect and care.  I actually got this free as a promotion Nivea had on and I'm glad I did as otherwise I might not have tried it.  It's got that classic scent and did leave the skin feeling soft.

Hand Chemistry Hand Cream  - This is a finished repurchase.  It is a savior for anyone with dry to severely dry chapped hands.  It's non greasy and has a delightful soft scent.  Forever repurchased.

Comments

Popular Posts