Clean Your Makeup Brushes

Post contains a very important message and will make your skin crawl. Sorry. 

Every Sunday I would clean my makeup brushes with B.'s brush cleanser and squish the bristles into the kitchen paper until it was wiping clean. Last month I received a sample of Beautyblenders solid cleanser and decided to give it a try instead of my usual cleanser. 

First I dunked my brush into plain hot water and suddenly it turned murky. It certainly had more product in it than I realised. 

Next I took my solid brush cleanser and rubbed it into the bristles. 

What happened next turned my stomach...
I caught the glimpse of something stuck to my solid cleanser. Straightaway I knew it was some insect thing and my mum confirmed. This insect was alive and had a friend with him. 

Brush cleansing ended and everything was disposed of. 

Now I've read stories about these sort of things happening and never thought it would actually happen to me. This particular makeup brush was cleansed once a week which I know now is not enough but it was also always kept inside its box when not in use. The brush has travelled some miles in its lifetime so I guess those bugs could have buried there way in there at any point. 
What disturbs me the most is that I used that brush a lot and only used it 2 days before I cleansed it so those beasties were right near my face and I was totally unaware. 

So now is your time to go and bravely give your brushes a deep cleanse and use brush cleanser after each use. 

My recommendations are...

Beautyblender Solid Cleanser £14 - use at least twice a week for a deep cleanse. 

B. Makeup Brush Cleanser £10 - Spray onto brushes and rub clean with tissue after every use. 

Aside from insects in your brushes there's a whole host of other nasties living in them. 
I only had my Lola makeup brush for about a year and now it's had to be replaced so get cleaning and look after your brushes..x 


Comments

Popular Posts